Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HATS!!!

Yesterday at work we gathered up all of the unused knit hats that we had lying around the nursery and put them in a bag for Mary (my co-worker and friend) and I to take to Peru for the newborn babies there.

Our volunteers make TONS of hats, but some of them just never get picked by the new moms and dads in the hospital, and while they're not the cutest of the bunch, they're functional and soft and I'm excited to get to take them with us to Peru.

I haven't heard anything on my updated passport, but we have a conference call with Bernie Nitz on Thursday. She is coordinating the Affinity group for the first week of our trip. She'll give us all of the details on travel and such and then I'll be able to let y'all know what's going on.

No new donations since the last update, but I'm still hopeful that I'll make my goal. If you can't donate yourself, would you mind passing on my blog and info to others? Even a donation of $1 gets me closer to Peru. Thank you so much for helping me do something that will hopefully make a difference to newborn babies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment