Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 4

Sorry for the missed day, yesterday! I work 12 hr. shifts every other Saturday and Sunday and I was pretty wasted tired last night.

Paypal donations are still at $245, but I've been told by several people that they're sending checks (YAY!) and I'll update the total as soon as I receive those. I have a few more details about the trip:

The first week we will be spending in the city of Arequipa where Health Bridges International will be holding a medical conference. We'll arrive Saturday, get to our hostel and have dinner. Sunday will be a clinic orientation day and then Mon-Thurs are clinic and construction days. Friday and Saturday will be spent at the medical conference. Sunday Dr. Gehringer and the other OB nurse (My friend Mary Williams) and I will travel to the Colca valley which is a much more rural area of Southern Peru. There we will work in the clinics and help teach basic neonatal resuscitation skills.

The more I learn, the more excited I get about going, it really seems like we're going to do some needed and important work there!

No comments:

Post a Comment