Saturday, April 3, 2010

2 weeks...

Its been very busy around here as we prepare for the trip.

I am gathering the little things: socks, travel bottles, etc... and putting them in a small pile in my bedroom. Delta allows 2 free checked bags to South America and Mary found a wheel-chair that we can bring on the plane with us!! We sold our huge old recliner for $100, which is going directly to the trip, and I am really hoping that we can get our final arrangements made for our trip to Machu Picchu completed soon as well! Our travel agent in Peru is being a bit slow in responding to us.

Honestly I still can't believe I'm going to Peru in 2 weeks. I haven't traveled out of the country in so long that I feel like a complete boob. I am an obsessively light packer, which should serve me well, but my Spanish sucks and I'm nearly petrified of heights/bridges/etc... so there will definitely be some emotional challenges for me on this trip.

Plus I'm going to be away from my family for 2 weeks... all this adds up to me being a bit emotionally volatile lately. If you've been caught in the wake of that, I do apologize!!

Seriously though... 2 WEEKS!!! *SQUEEE*

No comments:

Post a Comment