Sunday, March 21, 2010

The countdown begins!!

We're less than a month away from leaving for Peru now! I've put out a request to gather things that would be useful for us to bring to give to the Peruvian people while we're there.

Infant clothes and hats
Non sterile gloves
Pens for the school children
Children's chewable vitamins

We can each carry 2 50lb suitcases with us, but we'll only need one for our own gear, so the other is dedicated completely to carrying supplies that we'll leave there.

I have been working a lot of extra hours these last couple of weeks... trying to build up some more cash to take with me and maybe earn enough to buy a telephoto lens before I go. I'm exhausted and also trying to finish up the on-line Statistics class I have to complete to get into grad-school.

Anyway, hopefully everyone has received their thank-you notes (Rhia... yours is late, I had to figure out postage to Canada!)... and once again, THANK YOU all for your support. Without you this wouldn't have been possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment