Sunday, March 7, 2010

Poker for Peru!!

Last night, Mike and I played poker with some friends. Mike took 1st and I took 2nd (tournament style Texas Hold 'em). Each person put in 20$ and we paid out the top 4 seats, so Mike won 40$ and I won $35. All of the winnings are going right into the Peru fund! I also got another $50 donation and sold my Nike sport band and sensor to my friend Michelle, so in total I've gathered $1725 for my trip!

I'm also picking up a few shifts here and there for extra money (overtime is good!) and I really think I'm going to be able to have the whole trip paid for before I leave!

In other news I was accepted to Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing this week! I start grad-school to become a midwife in May/June!! I am absolutely petrified and excited at the same time. Its very similar to how I felt starting my BSN program. I am confident that I can do this, but to be honest... I'm petrified of how much work it is going to require, and I can only hope that I'll be able to find a job when its all over.

Wish me luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment