Saturday, April 24, 2010

Holy Crap

Ok... I've been in Peru for almost a week now, and I JUST REALIZED that my blog posts haven't been saving/posting!!

I was posting via. email, but now I'm logged directly in through the web interface so HOPEFULLY this will post!

ACK!!

I will go back and re-post everything (it is saved in my sent-mail) but it may not be right away so here's a round up:

Left MKE last Saturday afternoon, great flight to Atlanta, great flight to Lima, 3hrs in Lima airport and then... BOOM... travel sickness hit me like a brick wall. Nausea, fatigue, no appetite. By the time we got to Arequipa at 5am I was a hurting unit. 6 hrs of sleep and some Phenergan and I was MUCH better.

3 days working in Father Alex's mission projects in Alto Cayma (above Arequipa): clinic, home-visits, food-kitchen, day-care.

3 days to Cusco, Aguas Calientes, Machu-Picchu, Wayna Picchu mountain (yup, I climbed that sukka right there!) back to Cusco and then 3 hrs IN A PLANE ON THE TARMAC in Juliaca on the way back to Arequipa.

Today was a whirlwind of tourist stuff... primarily stimulating the local economy with an influx of my personal cash.

Tomorrow we jump on the bus for Colca Canyon and Mon/Tue/Wed it is NRP training time!!

There are pics on facebook and I'm really having a wonderful time despite the altitude sickness, constant nausea, diarrhea, and smell aversions. FUN eh? Truly though, I'm having a wonderful time.

I miss Mike and the boys terribly though!! I'll be very happy when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment