Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Finances

First of all... THANK YOU everyone who has donated. I plan to thank you each in a more personal way, but I feel like I can't say it publicly enough. I wanted to give a run-down on the financial costs that I've paid out and will pay out shortly, so you all have a good picture of where I am:

So far you all have donated a total of $1100. That is simply amazing to me.

Two weeks ago I sent my deposit check to Health Bridges for $150, and this week I will be purchasing my ticket to Arequipa out of O'Hare for aproximately $850... so in total I will have about $100 of your donated money left. My room and board while there is estimated to be about $1100 total (to which the $150 deposit is being applied), so I still need to earn about $850 to completely cover the trip.

I'm not sure how else to get the word out, but if anyone is willing to pass my story along to their friends and family, I'd certainly appreciate it. At this point I will pay the extra out of my own pocket because I am 100% committed to going, but any support I can raise will help defer the hardship this trip is placing on my family.

Thanks again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment